Our hospital was founded in 1907 in a small house in Waynesburg. It eventually moved to Walton Hall on the Waynesburg College campus until the current campus was built in 1937 with expansion occurring in 1946, 1961, 1976, 1985 and 1998. The hospital operated as a non-profit organization until October of 2005 when it was acquired by Essent Healthcare out of Nashville, Tennessee. It has been operating as a for-profit facility ever since. Essent Healthcare merged with RegionalCare Hospital Partners, also of Tennessee, in 2011 and remains the parent company today.